There is a problem related to the setup of the Linux awareness if:
- All or some awareness windows (e.g. TASK.DTask, TASK.Process) show errors or are hatched.
- Current task cannot be displayed after Linux has booted, and the target has been stopped: "(task error)" or "(other)". The space-id 0xFFFF is displayed in the List window
First, try to disable the translation with TRANSlation.OFF. If you get better results, then the problem is related to wrong translation settings. Auto-detection scripts are available now for Arm and Arm64 under:
Please read the script header carefully.
Next, check if the loaded vmlinux matches the executed kernel binary:
- Get the target Linux banner by execution the command cat /proc/version in the terminal window
- Load the vmlinux file including code into the debugger virtual memory with Data.LOAD.Elf vmlinux AVM:0 /NoSymbol
- Dump the linux_banner from loaded vmlinux: Data AVM:linux_banner /NoHex /NoOrient
- Compare both strings including timestamps
Often the problem is caused by the kernel configuration "Reduce debugging information" (CONFIG_DEBUG_REDUCED)
Refer for more information to Training Linux Debugging.